Tenor TromboneBack To Orchestra /...
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 SEASON WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
Tenor Trombone Audition Repertoire
The Aspen Music Festival and School trombone department will award up to seven merit-based fellowships that cover tuition and room/board for the summer season. Five of these fellowships offer the opportunity to play premiere assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. If available, the ACA fellowships (as many as two) come with the opportunity to play for the all-fellowship Aspen Conducting Academy Orchestra. This high-level orchestra is the training ground for the conducting program and offers the opportunity for a student to shine on standard orchestral works. Availability of these fellowships will be posted in early December.
Fellowships are awarded to the most outstanding applicants as deemed by the members of the AMFS Artist-Faculty.
All five non-ACA trombone fellowships are available.
All tenor trombone applicants must submit the required tenor trombone repertoire in INDIVIDUAL AUDIO TRACKS. The tenor trombone fellowship recipient is chosen from the general pool of applicants.
- Two contrasting solo movements (fast, slow); accompaniment not required
- MOZART: Requiem, K. 626 (“Tuba mirum”)
- ROSSINI: La Gazza Ladra (Overture)
- RAVEL: Bolero
To be considered for euphonium placement, please submit the following excerpt excerpt in INDIVIDUAL AUDIO TRACKS.
- ARBAN: Fourteen Characteristic Studies (select one)
- Recordings must be recent: made no more than three months prior to application.
- Each excerpt or work must be played through without stopping.
- All excerpts and works must be uploaded in the order listed.
- Please label each upload with the name of the excerpt or work. DO NOT include your name.