How to Apply
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 SEASON WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
The Aspen Music Festival and School tuba department will award up to one merit-based fellowship that covers tuition and room/board for the summer season. This fellowship offers the opportunity to play premiere assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. Fellowships are awarded to the most outstanding applicants as deemed by the members of the AMFS Artist-Faculty.
The tuba fellowship is filled for the 2019 season.
All tuba applicants must submit the following repertoire in INDIVIDUAL AUDIO TRACKS.
- CASTEREDE: Sonata for Tuba (Movement 2); accompaniment not required
- REVUELTAS: Sensemaya, (rehearsal number 2 to rehearsal number 11)
- WAGNER: Meistersinger Overture, (rehearsal letter J to rehearsal letter L)
- BERLIOZ: Hungarian March (first entrance F arpeggio for 20 measures)
- WAGNER: Ride of the Valkyries
- MAHLER: Symphony #1 (third movement first entrance, hold the last D for four measures)
- PROKOFIEV: Symphony #5, (movement 1, rehearsal number 3 to seven measures after rehearsal number 5)
To be considered for euphonium placement, please submit the following excerpt in INDIVIDUAL AUDIO TRACKS.
- ARBAN: Fourteen Characteristic Studies (select one)
- Recordings must be recent: made no more than three months prior to application.
- Each excerpt or work must be played through without stopping.
- All excerpts and works must be uploaded in the order listed.
- Please label each upload with the name of the excerpt or work. DO NOT include your name.