Bass TromboneBack To Orchestra /...
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 SEASON WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
Bass Trombone Audition Repertoire
The Aspen Music Festival and School bass trombone department will award one fellowship that covers tuition and room/board for the summer season. This fellowship offers the opportunity to play premiere assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. Fellowships are awarded to the most outstanding applicants as deemed by the members of the AMFS Artist-Faculty.
The bass trombone fellowship is available.
- Two contrasting solo movements (fast, slow); accompaniment not required
- BERLIOZ: Hungarian March (6 measures before Reh. 4 through 2 after Reh. 5)
- SCHUMANN: Symphony 3 "Rhenish" (first 2 passages of movement 4)
- WAGNER: Ride of the Valkyries from Die Walküre (major section only)
- NIELSEN: Flute Concerto (solo at 81 until D)
- RESPIGHI: Pines of Rome (Pines Near a Catacomb, 7 measures before Reh. 11 to 3 bars after Reh. 12)
To be considered for euphonium placement, please submit the following excerpt in INDIVIDUAL AUDIO TRACKS.
- ARBAN: Fourteen Characteristic Studies (select one)
- Recordings must be recent: made no more than three months prior to application.
- Each excerpt or work must be played through without stopping.
- All excerpts and works must be uploaded in the order listed.
- Please label each upload with the name of the excerpt or work. DO NOT include your name.