Bass Trombone Back To Orchestra /...
The Aspen Music Festival and School bass trombone department offers the opportunity to play premier assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. For details on the student orchestral experience, please see the Orchestra/Instrumental program page.
Please see our Fellowships and Financial Aid page to learn more about our many fellowship and scholarship opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION OPEN SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
ALL REPERTOIRE MUST BE SUBMITTED IN INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS.
Choose 4 or 5 of the excerpts below, plus a solo of your choice, for a total of 5 or 6 video tracks.
- BERLIOZ: Hungarian March (6 m. before Reh. 4 through 2 after Reh. 5)
- SCHUMANN: Symphony 3 "Rhenish" (first 2 passages of movement 4)
- WAGNER: Ride of the Valkyries from Die Walküre (major section only)
- STRAUSS: Ein Heldenleben (Reh. 51 through 2 after 56; Reh. 61 through 1 after 65; Reh. 71 through 74)
- RESPIGHI: Pines of Rome (Pines Near a Catacomb, 7 m. before Reh. 11 to 3 m. after Reh. 12)
- NIELSEN: Flute Concerto (solo at m. 81 until D)
- STRAUSS: Til Eulenspiegel (3 after Reh. 18 through 5 before 20; Reh. 36 to 3 before 38
EUPHONIUM (full session only)
To be considered for euphonium placement, please include the following excerpt.
- ARBAN: Fourteen Characteristic Studies (select one)
- Recordings must be recent: made no more than three months prior to application.
- Each excerpt or work must be played through without stopping.
- All excerpts and works must be uploaded in the order listed.
- Please label each upload with the name of the excerpt or work. DO NOT include your name.