Double Bass Back To Orchestra /...
The Aspen Music Festival and School cello department offers the opportunity to play premier assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. All students 18 and older play in orchestra. Students under the age of 18 do not play in orchestra but may participate in private lessons and chamber music. For details on the student orchestral experience, please see the Orchestra/Instrumental program page.
Please see our Fellowships and Financial Aid page to learn more about our many fellowship and scholarship opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION OPEN SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
Audition repertoire must be submitted IN THE ORDER LISTED, recorded WITHOUT ACCOMPANIMENT, on ONE TRACK, without breaks, and with NO SPLICING. Auditions that do not comply with these guidelines will not be considered.
- Your choice of any dance movement from an unaccompanied Bach Suite (excluding preludes)
- R. STRAUSS: Ein Heldenleben, op. 40; 2 bars before 61 to 64
- MOZART: Symphony No. 40 in G minor; 1st movement, 34 bars before letter E to 1 bar after E
- BEETHOVEN: Symphony No. 9 in D minor; 4th movement, 24th bar of K to 18 before M
- STRAVINSKY: Pulcinella; Vivo – without repeat