How to Apply
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 SEASON WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
Audition Repertoire (VIDEO required)
The Aspen Music Festival and School harp department will award up to two merit-based fellowships that covers tuition and room/board for the summer season. These fellowships offer the opportunity to play premiere assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. Fellowships are awarded to the most outstanding applicants as deemed by the members of the AMFS Artist-Faculty.
The harp fellowships have been filled for 2018.
All harp applicants must submit the following repertoire in INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS.
- RAVEL: Introduction and Allegro (beginning to No. 18)
- BERLIOZ: Symphony Fantastique (2nd movement, beginning to 23)
- VERDI: La Forza del Destino (Overture – entire)
- DONIZETTI: Lucia di Lammermoor (Cadenza – edition of your choice)
ADDITIONAL EXCERPTS FOR FELLOWSHIP CONSIDERATION: please include all repertoire above and below in INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS.
- RAVEL: Tzigane (Cadenza)
- WAGNER: Die Walkure, one harp (combined) version, (Firemusic, 5 bars after 96 – play until downbeat of 20 measures)
- Recordings must be recent: made no more than three months prior to application.
- Each excerpt or work must be played through without stopping.
- All excerpts and works must be uploaded in the order listed.
- Please label each upload with the name of the excerpt or work. DO NOT include your name.