The Aspen Music Festival and School harp department offers the opportunity to play premier assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. For details on the student orchestral experience, please see the Orchestra/Instrumental program page.
Please see our Fellowships and Financial Aid page to learn more about our many fellowship and scholarship opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS OPEN SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
STANDARD HARP REPERTOIRE
All harp applicants must submit the standard repertoire in 6 INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS.
- DEBUSSY: Danse Sacrée et Profane (Danse Sacrée, beginning to Reh. 2; Danse Profane, “le double moins vite,” 9 m. before Reh. 5 to the a tempo “animez.” No accompaniment required.
- HANDEL: Concerto in B flat Major, op, 4, No. 6, 1st movement, any edition, first half only
- VERDI: La forza del destino, Overture, from Reh. G “Allegro Brillante” to downbeat of Reh. H
- WAGNER: Die Meistersinger, Act 3 excerpt (click for PDF)
- BARTOK: Concerto for Orchestra, 4th movement – dotted quarter before Reh. 43 to 16 m. after Reh. 43
- BRITTEN: Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra, Harp Variation ”Cadenza,” Harp 1
HARP FELLOWSHIP CONSIDERATION
Please include all repertoire above and below, for a total of 8 INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS.
- A short solo of your choice, any style or period
- WAGNER: Fire Music, 1st harp part, m. 1674 to downbeat of m. 1692 – include the 2nd harp part m. 1678–1681 and continue m. 1682 of 1st harp part (click for PDF)
As of November 2023, the ACS principal harp fellowship position is not available for 2024. However, applicants are encouraged to submit materials for consideration in the event a position becomes available. Additional fellowships and scholarships are available to full-session applicants.