The Aspen Music Festival and School harp department offers the opportunity to play premier assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. For details on the student orchestral experience, please see the Orchestra/Instrumental program page.
Please see our Fellowships and Financial Aid page to learn more about our many fellowship and scholarship opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION OPEN SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
STANDARD HARP REPERTOIRE
All harp applicants must submit the standard repertoire in 6 INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS.
- DEBUSSY: Danse Sacrée et Profane (Danse Sacrée, beginning to Reh. 2; Danse Profane, “le double moins vite,” 9 m. before Reh. 5 to the a tempo “animez.” No accompaniment required.
- HANDEL: Concerto in B flat Major, op, 4, No. 6, 1st movement, any edition, first half only
- VERDI: La forza del destino, Overture, from Reh. G “Allegro Brillante” to downbeat of Reh. H
- WAGNER: Die Meistersinger, Act 3 excerpt (click for PDF)
- BARTOK: Concerto for Orchestra, 4th movement – dotted quarter before Reh. 43 to 16 m. after Reh. 43
- BRITTEN: Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra, Harp Variation ”Cadenza,” Harp 1
HARP FELLOWSHIP CONSIDERATION
Please include all repertoire above and below, for a total of 8 INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS.
- A short solo of your choice, any style or period
- WAGNER: Firemusic, 1st harp part, m. 1674 to downbeat of m. 1692 – nclude the 2nd harp part m. 1678–1681 and continue m. 1682 of 1st harp part)