How to Apply
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 SEASON WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
Audition Repertoire (VIDEO required)
The Aspen Music Festival and School harp department will award one merit-based fellowship that covers tuition and room/board for the summer season. These fellowships offer the opportunity to play premiere assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. Fellowships are awarded to the most outstanding applicants as deemed by the members of the AMFS Artist-Faculty.
The harp fellowship is available.
All harp applicants must submit the following repertoire in INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS
- RAVEL: Introduction and Allegro (Solo harp part, beginning through #3 – no accompaniment required)
- MOZART: Concerto for Harp and Flute (1st movement, beginning to downbeat of measure 86 & 3rd movement, beginning to downbeat of measure 159)
- VERDI: La Forza del destino (Overture)
- BERLIOZ: Symphonie Fantastique (1st harp part, beginning through the downbeat of 2 measures before D)
- RAVEL: Tzigane (cadenza only)
ADDITIONAL EXCERPTS FOR FELLOWSHIP CONSIDERATION: please include all repertoire above and below in INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS.
- A short solo of your choice (any style or period)
- WAGNER: Firemusic (1st harp part, start beginning measure 1674 to downbeat of measure 1692 - include the 2nd harp part measures 1678-1681 and continue measure 1682 of 1st harp part)
- Recordings must be recent: made no more than three months prior to application.
- Each excerpt or work must be played through without stopping.
- All excerpts and works must be uploaded in the order listed.
- Please label each upload with the name of the excerpt or work. DO NOT include your name.