The Aspen Music Festival and School French horn department offers the opportunity to play premier assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. For details on the student orchestral experience, please see the Orchestra/Instrumental program page.
Please see our Fellowships and Financial Aid page to learn more about our many fellowship and scholarship opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION OPEN SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
All horn applicants must submit the required horn repertoire in 4 INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS. Do not include your name in the video title or description.
- STRAUSS: Til Eulenspiegel (first horn solo at the beginning and third horn solo in D horn at the recapitulation)
Please choose one selection from each bullet below, along with the piece above, for a total of four works.
- One of the following MOZART Concerti; accompaniment not required
Horn Concerto No. 2 in E-flat major, K. 147 (1st movement)
Horn Concerto No. 3 in E-flat major, K. 447 (1st movement)
Horn Concerto No. 4 in E-flat major, K. 495 (1st movement)
- RAVEL: Piano Concerto in G major
BEETHOVEN: Symphony No. 7 in A major, op. 92 (1st movement, Vivace, m. 84-101 or 25 m. before Reh. C until C, 1st horn)
Wagner: From Götterdämmerung (Siegfried's Short Call)
- SHOSTAKOVICH: Symphony No. 5 in D minor, op. 47 (1st movement, low tutti)
BEETHOVEN: Symphony No. 3 in E-flat major, op. 55 "Eroica" (Scherzo trio, 2nd horn)
R. Strauss: Don Quixote (Variation VIII, second horn, 6 m. before Reh. 59 to 8 m. after Reh. 62)