Percussion Back To Orchestra /...
The Aspen Music Festival and School percussion department offers the opportunity to play premier assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. For details on the student orchestral experience, please see the Orchestra/Instrumental program page.
Please see our Fellowships and Financial Aid page to learn more about our many fellowship and scholarship opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION OPEN SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
Audition repertoire must be submitted IN THE ORDER LISTED BELOW. VIDEO recording is required, on ONE TRACK, without breaks, and with NO SPLICING. Auditions that do not comply with these guidelines will not be considered.
- ANTHONY CIRONE: Portraits in Rhythm, Etude No. 4
- RIMSKY-KORSAKOV: Capriccio espagnol, 4th movement, beginning through 10 after L
- Any Bach selection of the applicant's choosing on marimba, 3–4 minutes in length, exerpted or complete movement/work
- STRAVINSKY: Firebird, Reh. 47 and Reh. 127 (xylophone)
- KODALY: Hary Janos Suite, VI beginning to Reh. 1 (xylophone)
- RESPIGHI: Pines of Rome, Mvt. 1, 13 after Reh. 7 to the end (glokenspiel)
- BIZET: Argoinaise from Carmen Suite, beginning to 8 before A
- NICH WOUD: The Timpani Challenge, Etude No. 17, beginning through measure 38
- BEETHOVEN: Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Mvt. 1, 513 to end
- MAHLER: Symphony No. 5 in C-sharp minor, Mvt. 1, 6 before 15