Tenor Trombone Back To Orchestra /...
The Aspen Music Festival and School tenor trombone department offers the opportunity to play premier assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. For details on the student orchestral experience, please see the Orchestra/Instrumental program page.
Please see our Fellowships and Financial Aid page to learn more about our many fellowship and scholarship opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION OPEN SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
All tenor trombone applicants must submit the required tenor trombone repertoire in 5 INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS.
- Two contrasting solo movements (fast, slow); accompaniment not required
- MOZART: Requiem, K. 626 (“Tuba mirum”)
- ROSSINI: La Gazza Ladra (Overture)
- RAVEL: Bolero
EUPHONIUM (full session only)
To be considered for euphonium placement please submit the following excerpt, for a total of 6 INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS.
- ARBAN: Fourteen Characteristic Studies (select one)