TrumpetBack To Orchestra /...
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 SEASON WILL BE ACCEPTED BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
The Aspen Music Festival and School trumpet department will award up to five merit-based fellowships that cover tuition and room/board for the summer season. Two of these fellowships offer the opportunity to play premiere assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. If available, the ACA fellowships (as many as two) come with the opportunity to play for the all-fellowship Aspen Conducting Academy Orchestra. This high-level orchestra is the training ground for the conducting program and offers the opportunity for a student to shine on standard orchestral works. Availability of these fellowships will be posted in early December.
Fellowships are awarded to the most outstanding applicants as deemed by the members of the AMFS Artist-Faculty.
Three non-ACA trumpet fellowships are available. Both Aspen Conducting Academy Orchestra trumpet fellowships are available.
All trumpet applicants must submit the required trumpet repertoire in INDIVIDUAL AUDIO TRACKS. The trumpet fellowship recipient is chosen from the general pool of applicants.
- One movement of a concerto or sonata; accompaniment preferred
- One etude
- Orchestral Excerpts:
- MUSSORGSKY/RAVEL: Pictures at an Exhibition (opening to rehearsal #2)
- RESPIGHI: Pines of Rome (off-stage solo movement 2--8 measures after 10 through 9 measures before 11)
- MAHLER: Symphony No. 5 (opening through fifth bar of reh #1)
- One additional orchestral excerpt of applicant's choice
- Recordings must be recent: made no more than three months prior to application.
- Each excerpt or work must be played through without stopping.
- All excerpts and works must be uploaded in the order listed.
- Please label each upload with the name of the excerpt or work. DO NOT include your name.