The Aspen Music Festival and School tuba department offers the opportunity to play premier assignments alongside artist-faculty from major U.S. orchestras or as principal in a variety of ensembles. For details on the student orchestral experience, please see the Orchestra/Instrumental program page.
Please see our Fellowships and Financial Aid page to learn more about our many fellowship and scholarship opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION OPEN SEPTEMBER 15
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
All tuba applicants must submit the following repertoire in INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS. Do not include your name in the video title or description.
- CASTEREDE: Sonata for Tuba (2nd movement); accompaniment not required
- REVUELTAS: Sensemaya, (Reh. 2 to 11)
- WAGNER: Meistersinger Overture, (Reh. J to L)
- BERLIOZ: Hungarian March (first entrance F arpeggio for 20 m.)
- WAGNER: Ride of the Valkyries
- MAHLER: Symphony No. 1 (3rd movement first entrance, hold the last D for four measures)
- PROKOFIEV: Symphony No. 5, (1st movement, Reh. 3 to 7 m. after Reh. 5)
- BERLIOZ: Corsair Overture (Reh. 5 through 9 m. after Reh. 5 and Reh. 12 to the downbeat of Reh. 13)
- MAHLER: Symphony No. 5 (3rd movement, 13 m. before Reh. 16 to Reh. 17)
- WAGNER: Ein Faust Overture: m. 1-3
EUPHONIUM (full session only)
To be considered for euphonium placement, please submit the following excerpt in INDIVIDUAL VIDEO TRACKS.
- ARBAN: Fourteen Characteristic Studies (select one)