Sing Play Move
An early childhood music education program of the AMFS
June 27 - July 1, 2022
6/1/22 - Classes are filled for Sing Play Move 2022. We are happy to accept registrations for class wait lists using the link below.
Taught by Kate Klotz
- Designed for infants through Kindergarten (ages 0-6)
- Register for an available spot to be placed with a socially-distanced group, OR join together with three-five other families to create your own private class pod
- New This Year! A baby-focused class will be offered daily for not-yet-mobile infants and their caregiver(s) at 12pm.
(Please note that we can also accommodate babies during mixed-age classes.)
- 30 minute class sessions, plus 5-10 minutes of music exploration time
- Classes held at Christ Episcopal Church in Aspen's West End... Easy parking!
Sing Play Move’s curriculum is based in folk/world music, action and game songs, nursery rhymes, instrumental play, free/creative and guided movement, and simple composition. Using our voices, our bodies, and instruments, students and caregivers will explore music making and music appreciation in ways that are appropriate for the youngest music lovers! Through our carefully designed week-long curriculum, led by master music educator Kate Klotz, children will play with the AMFS 2022 season theme of "Tapestries" and explore their musical capabilities.
This is a subscription-based course that meets daily Monday-Friday. Curriculum is progressive within week by day, and it is highly recommended to attend class daily for the entire week.
Children attend class with a parent or caregiver to experience music-making together! Our Sing Play Move curriculum is designed with maximum adult-child interaction and connection in mind, and it’s developmentally important for children to have a parent/caregiver there with them, fully engaged in the class and making music alongside them. What a wonderful chance to enjoy the magic of music with our kids!
Tailored to Kids' Needs
Our small group sizes, expert teacher, and attentive facilitators allow the parents/caregivers of infants and toddlers to actively make music with their children in a collaborative environment. For preschool and kindergarten-aged children, we foster individual music making through group activities, movement, instrumental exploration, guided listening, composition, and play, all supported by parents/caregivers.
Join together with friends to create your own private class pod (choose the timeslot that works best for you!), register through open enrollment for an available class spot, OR grab a place in the brand-new Baby-Focused Class at noon. We can only accommodate five-six families per session, to ensure both appropriate distancing and individual attention.
Classes may occur during the following timeslots, based on family need and preference:
- 8:00 am -- CLASS IS FULL; accepting additions to the Wait List
- 9:00 am -- RESERVED for a Private Pod
- 10:00 am -- CLASS IS FULL; accepting additions to the Wait List
- 11:00 am -- CLASS IS FULL; accepting additions to the Wait List
- 12:00 pm - Baby-Focused Class -- CLASS IS FULL; accepting additions to the Wait List
- 4:00 pm -- CLASS IS FULL; accepting additions to the Wait List
- 5:00 pm -- RESERVED for a Private Pod
All classes are 30 minutes, followed by 5-10 minutes of independent musical exploration time.
Classes are mixed-age. Child development researchers have long understood that the family-style environment of mixed-age classes is often the best way for young children to learn, and it works beautifully in Sing Play Move!
New This Year - for Sing Play Move Babies!
A baby-focused class will be offered daily for not-yet-mobile infants (or newly mobile babes) and their caregiver(s) at 12pm, with the focus squarely on the tinest music makers! (Please note that we can also accomodate babies during mixed-age class sessions.)
Classes are held at Christ Episcopal Church in Aspen's West End...
Space provided in partnership with Christ Episcopal Church - Thank you for partnering with us to create music education opportunities for little ones!
- Socially-Distanced Classes: Families will sit together on personal blankets, spaced out from other families.
- Separate Materials: Each family group will be provided with their own instruments and materials to use during class, and we'll take care of all the cleaning.
- Masked for Safety: Masks may be required for any unvaccinated adults or children over age 4, particularly when singing - Mask requirements to be updated before class kick-off, according to current Pitkin County requirements.
- Small Groups: We can only accommodate five-six families per session, to ensure both appropriate distancing and individual attention.
About The Teacher
Kate Klotz is the Director of Choirs at Monarch High School in Louisville, CO. Prior to her appointment at Monarch, Kate served as the Artistic Director for the Boulder Children’s Chorale and taught K-5 general music. She is a frequent guest instructor, clinician and choral adjudicator and has presented at numerous regional and national conferences. Kate has been praised for her light-hearted and kind approach to helping young students achieve musical excellence and specializes in teaching beginning vocal technique and music literacy. She is currently the Children’s Choir Repertoire and Resources Chair for the Colorado Chapter of the American Choral Directors Association.
Kate holds a Masters of Music from Colorado State University and received her undergraduate degree in Music Education from the University of Colorado at Boulder. She holds all three levels of Kodály certification and has also completed Orff Schulwerk training. She has performed with the Colorado Conductor’s Chorale, the Spokane Symphony Chorale, Boulder-based Cantabile Singers, and currently sings with Anima Chamber Ensemble. Kate resides in Louisville, CO, where she enjoys yoga, gardening, and soaking up the Colorado sunshine.
$150 for the first child
$25 for each additional child from the same immediate family
Tuition includes daily classes and materials for the entire week-long course.
How to Register
Registration is open now!... This program will fill to capacity, so register early!
To learn more, please contact:
Katie Hone Wiltgen
Dean of Education and Community
970 205 5055
Space provided in partnership with Christ Episcopal Church