Alisa WeilersteinBack To Performers
Alisa Weilerstein, cello, is the recipient of a 2011 MacArthur Fellowship. In the 2015–16 season, she gives the world premiere of Pascal Dusapin’s Outscape with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and further performances with the Stuttgart and Paris opera orchestras. Other orchestral highlights include concertos with the London Symphony, Czech Philharmonic, Bavarian Radio Symphony, Orchestre de Paris, Frankfurt Radio Symphony, and Orchestre de la Suisse Romande. Following October’s release of their duo album debut on Decca, she reunites with pianist Inon Barnatan for U.S. and European recital tours. Weilerstein’s discography includes Dvořák’s Cello Concerto, a compilation of unaccompanied twentieth-century cello music, and Elgar and Carter cello concertos with Daniel Barenboim and the Staatskapelle Berlin, which was named BBC Music’s Recording of the Year in 2013. She appears at major music festivals worldwide, and regularly collaborates with Venezuela’s Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra and the El Sistema education program. Ms. Weilerstein, whose honors include Lincoln Center’s 2008 Martin E. Segal prize and the 2006 Leonard Bernstein Award, is a graduate of the Cleveland Institute of Music and Columbia University and an alumna of the AMFS. Diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, she is a Celebrity Advocate for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Chamber Music | 6:00 PM August 14, 2017 , $45.00
- Harris Concert Hall Master Class | 1:00 PM August 15, 2017 , $25.00
- Intimate Artist Dinner with Alisa Weilerstein | 6:00 PM August 15, 2017 , $500.00
- High Notes: Alan Fletcher, Van Cliburn winner, cellist Alisa Weilerstein, cast of Berlioz’s The Damnation of Faust | 12:00 PM August 16, 2017 (free)
- Aspen Chamber Symphony Dress Rehearsal | 9:30 AM August 18, 2017 , $20.00
- Aspen Chamber Symphony | 6:00 PM August 18, 2017 , $80.00