Programs for Local Youth
The Aspen Music Festival and School's Education and Community Programs bring music to kids through thousands of group and individual lessons, programs in schools from Aspen to Glenwood Springs, and free family and community concerts for all ages.
Reaching more than 500 kids in schools, and thousands in the summer, AMFS programs:
* Pass along a love of music to new generations
* Teach focus, perseverance, and discipline
* Strengthen self-esteem and collaborative skills
* Bring our community together with shared purpose and joy
Support these important programs with a gift today and/or read more below about the details of each program and join in. Registration for school programs begins September 1.
School Year Programs
AfterWorks - After-school music programs in Roaring Fork Valley elementary and middle schools
- Beginning Strings: Violin, viola, cello, and bass for grades 2+
- Chamber Music Lab: Chamber music experiences for intermediate string players
- Lead Guitar: Classical guitar for grades 5+
- Maroon Bel Canto Choirs: Choir for grades 3-8
- AMFS Honor Ensemble: Honor band and choir events for Roaring Fork Valley students
- All-Valley Middle School Honor Band
- All-Valley Honor Choir
- Musicians in the School: AMFS Residencies in local elementary, middle, and high schools
- Educational Support
Festival for Kids - Free, Fun Activities for the Youngest Festival Fans!
Family Concerts – Concerts the whole family can attend
- Kids Notes – Pre-concert events designed to connect kids with the repertoire they’re about to hear
- Tunes & Tales – Stories blended with music at the Pitkin County and Basalt Regional Libraries
Summer Educational Programs - Personalized Musical Experiences with the AMFS!
- Sing Play Move – Week-long early childhood music education program for the youngest classical music enthusiasts and their loved ones
- P.A.L.S. – Private lessons, AMFS season pass, and music education events for Roaring Fork Valley music students
- Festival Lessons – Lessons with top AMFS students, available to all residents and visitors of the Roaring Fork Valley, open to all ages
- Mariachi Workshop - Free three-day mariachi experience for middle and high school students
- $5 tickets for children up to age 18 to all regular events
The Aspen Music Festival and School is grateful for the support of the following Education and Community donors who made specific gifts to these programs of $8500 or more:NOTE FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Throughout the summers and school years, the AMFS staff photographers take photos/videos of select Festival for Kids and AMFS Education events, including during classes and performances of Beginning Strings, Lead Guitar, and Maroon Bel Canto Choirs. By attending the events and/or registering students for these programs, parents and/or legal guardians give permission for their child’s likeness to be used in photographs, video, or any media created and distributed by the AMFS or AMFS-approved entities. If you do NOT wish your child's likeness to be used in photographs, video, or any forms of media by the AMFS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Photo/Media Opt-Out" in the email subject field.