Programs for Local Youth
The Aspen Music Festival and School is dedicated to the goal of inspiring the next generation of classical music enthusiasts. The AMFS maintains its fundamental commitment to music education showcased throughout the summer with year round educational programming offered to students of all ages in the Roaring Fork Valley.
School Year Programs
After-school music programs in Roaring Fork Valley elementary and middle schools.
- Beginning Strings: Violin, viola, and cello for Grades 2+
- Chamber Music Lab: Chamber music experiences for mature, advanced string players
- Lead Guitar: Classical guitar for Grades 5+
- Maroon Bel Canto Choirs: Choir for Grades 3-8
- AMFS Honor Ensemble: Honor band and choir events for Roaring Fork Valley students
- All-Valley Middle School Honor Band
- All-Valley Honor Choir
- Musicians in the School: AMFS Residencies in Roaring Fork Valley elementary, middle, and high schools
- Educational Support
Festival for Kids - Free, Fun Activities for the Youngest Festival Fans!
Family Concerts – Concerts the whole family can attend
- Kids Notes – Pre-concert events designed to connect kids with the repertoire they’re about to hear
- Gotta Move! – large group multi-age music exploration sessions
- Tunes & Tales – Stories blended with music at the Pitkin County and Basalt Regional Libraries
Summer Educational Programs - Reserve Your Spot and Dig in Deeper for Personalized Musical Experiences with the AMFS!
- Sing Play Move – Week-long early childhood music education program for the youngest classical music enthusiasts and their loved ones
- P.A.L.S. – Private lessons, AMFS season pass, and music education events for Roaring Fork Valley music students
- Festival Lessons – Lessons with top AMFS students, available to all residents and visitors of the Roaring Fork Valley, open to all ages
- $5 tickets for children up to age 18 to all regular events
The Aspen Music Festival and School is grateful for the support of the following Education and Community donors who made specific gifts to these programs of $8500 or more:NOTE FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Throughout the summers and school years, the AMFS staff photographers take photos/videos of select Festival for Kids and AMFS Education events, including during classes and performances of Beginning Strings, Lead Guitar, and Maroon Bel Canto Choirs. By attending the events and/or registering students for these programs, parents and/or legal guardians give permission for their child’s likeness to be used in photographs, video, or any media created and distributed by the AMFS or AMFS-approved entities. If you do NOT wish your child's likeness to be used in photographs, video, or any forms of media by the AMFS, please contact Katie Hone Wiltgen at email@example.com and include "Photo/Media Opt-Out" in the email subject field.