Classical Guitar Back To Programs of Study
Sharon Isbin, director
The Aspen Classical Guitar Program is an intensive four-week program that offers master class instruction with Director Sharon Isbin and her assistant concentrating on technique, sound production, interpretation of all repertoire, and Baroque performance practices. Advanced students will receive all of their master class lessons from Ms. Isbin; others may have one or more of their lessons with her assistant. Placement will be determined on an individual basis. Qualified students enjoy many opportunities for performance, including chamber music collaborations. The program culminates with a class concert. Students also have the opportunity to participate in chamber music and guitar ensemble, coached by Ms. Isbin's assistant.
How to Apply
APPLICATION OPEN SEPTEMBER 1
- Resume required
- Two letters of recommendation encouraged but not required
AUDIO or VIDEO recording should be approximately fifteen minutes in length, with two or three contrasting works. These recordings are used for studio placement.
- Recordings or video must be recent: made no more than one year prior to application.
- Each excerpt or work must be played through without stopping.
- All excerpts and works must be uploaded in the order listed.
- Please label each upload with the name of the excerpt or work.