The Aspen Music Festival and School continues to closely monitor public health conditions and will always operate following all state and county health orders to safeguard its artists, patrons, artist-faculty, students, staff, and community. Guidelines may change at any time and this page will be updated to reflect current conditions.
Masks must be worn indoors at all times except:
- While playing a wind or brass instrument
- While eating or drinking
- Masking protocols for singers
- Singers are to wear a singer's mask indoors for all rehearsals and coachings. Masks will be made available by the Company Manager, Tyler Reece.
- Singers may unmask in a lesson at the instructor's discretion. Instructors and pianists must remain masked.
- Singers may unmask for performances.
- The stage and front of house of the Benedict Music Tent are considered outside spaces while the back of house is considered inside, and masks are required.
- Masks are required in Harris Hall and the Wheeler Opera House at all times except for musicians on the stage.
- Events in non-AMFS venues will follow the masking protocols of those spaces.
- Please be especially diligent about masking during studio classes.
Starting the week of July 4, the following testing protocol will take effect:
- All new arrivals will take a rapid test prior to entering our facilities or participating in AMFS events.
- Rapid tests and PCR tests will be available, if necessary, for people who are symptomatic.
- Everyone will take a rapid test each week.
- Rapid testing clinics will be held 4 days a week as outlined below. Please receive a test at one of these locations once a week.
|Mondays||8:00 AM||11:30 AM||Benedict Music Tent||Paepke Terrace|
|Tuesdays||8:00 AM||11:30 AM||Bucksbaum Campus||Powell 20|
|Wednesdays||8:00 AM||11:30 AM||Marolt||Outside Cafeteria Building|
|Fridays||12:00 PM||2:30 PM||Bucksbaum Campus||Outside Hardy Administration|
|Saturday 8/13||8:00 AM||11:00 AM||Marolt||Outside Cafeteria Building|
|Saturday 8/20||8:00 AM||10:00 AM||Benedict Music Tent||Paepke Terrace|
Students feeling ill or experiencing any of the following symptoms should not come to AMFS facilities unless having received a tested negative for COVID-19: coughing, fever, shortness of breath, body aches, headaches, sore throat, recent inability to taste and smell, diarrhea, fatigue, vomiting and/or abdominal pain, and chills.
Students who test positive for COVID-19 or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 must notify Miles Elliot, Health Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals who test positive will be required to quarantine for five days. Students who cannot stay in their shared living space and are required to quarantine will be provided with an alternate unit during the quarantine period. If public masking is required, AMFS will work with students to determine how this affects their AMFS duties during this period. Students are encouraged to notify others with whom they have been in contact with if they receive a positive COVID test.
All confidential information regarding health, symptoms, vaccination status or COVID status will remain with key management personnel who are in a need-to-know position.
AMFS reserves the right to make necessary programmatic adjustments up to full cancellation, in the case of unforeseen circumstances. Unforeseen circumstances is used to describe an event that prevents the AMFS from proceeding with programming in traditional fashion. Examples of such circumstances can include, but are not limited to, natural disasters, site unavailability, health and safety risks, and technology issues.
In the event that the AMFS must rescind a student’s offer of admission due to unforeseen circumstances, tuition and housing deposits/fees will be refunded. Application fees are not refundable.
The Aspen Music Festival and School will require all students to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before arriving for the 2022 season. This means you must have received all necessary doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine no later than June 8, 2022. “Necessary doses” includes a booster shot if your initial vaccination series was completed more than five months ago (click here for CDC guidance). Requests for applicable exemptions (medical and religious) will be considered. These requests must be communicated before enrollment to the Office of Student Services.